The Toyota Camry Dashboard Lights
When you're tackling the roads near Lowell, Dracut, and Tewksbury in your Toyota Camry, it helps to know about the various warnings that your sedan is capable of delivering. The dashboard in your Camry features several indicators and warnings that you'll want to familiarize yourself with, so you can prepare for when your vehicle is experiencing a malfunction. At Ira Toyota of Tewksbury, we're here to help you learn more about these Toyota Camry dashboard lights.
The Toyota Camry Dashboard Lights
Keep reading to find out what your vehicle's dashboard lights mean, and what you'll want to do when they appear while you're out on the road.
Differentiating your Camry Dashboard Lights
Your Toyota Camry features two sets of dashboard lights: indicators and warning lights. Knowing the difference between these lights is important so you can determine if your vehicle is trouble. Indicators generally appear as green or yellow, and they're simply letting you know of a system that you activated, or one that started based on the road conditions. Warnings, on the other hand, are orange or red, and they're letting you know of an engine malfunction that's occurring in real-time. Never ignore a warning light, and always schedule service right away.
Toyota Camry Dashboard Indicator Lights
- Cruise Control Indicator: This light appears after you've activated your cruise control system, and once it's deactivated, the light will go away.
- Eco Driving Indicator: When this light comes on, it's letting you know that you're driving at the optimal fuel efficiency based on your speed, acceleration, and fuel consumption.
- Parking Brake Indicator: If you start your vehicle, and you see this light, it means that you need to disengage your parking brake before starting your journey.
- Slip Indicator: This light will come on if your vehicle experiences wheel slip and your stability and traction control systems have activated.
Toyota Camry Dashboard Warning Lights
- Brake System Warning Light: If there's a malfunction with your braking system, this light will illuminate. In the event that this light appears, you should pull over and contact your Toyota dealer immediately.
- Electric Power Steering Warning Light: If you see this light appear, you should immediately pull over and contact your Toyota dealer. Don't resume your journey because your vehicle will become increasingly difficult to control and maneuver.
- Malfunction Indicator: When this light appears, it means that one of your engine components is failing and requires attention. You should pull over and contact your Toyota dealer right away.
- Tire Pressure Warning Light: Your Tire Pressure Monitoring System can detect when one or more of your tires is low on air and requires a fill up. When the light appears, you should seek an air filling station as soon as possible and bring your tires back to the recommended PSI.
What to Do When a Toyota Camry Dashboard Light Appears
Now that you're more familiar with the Toyota dashboard lights, indicators, and warnings, you'll be prepared for the day that they appear while you're out on the road. If a Camry warning light appears that requires you to pull over somewhere near Lowell, Dracut, or Tewksbury, you can always call us at Ira Toyota of Tewksbury for assistance. We'd be happy to help you and your vehicle get back out on the road. Schedule your service with us today!